Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

H is for Hotel


Not the typical hotel. But a possibility to spend the night in a desert town in Sudan. We had a seperate room. It was so hot in it, much better to sleep outside. Wadi Halfa, June 2010.

While traveling in Africa northbound, now by bus, we stopped several times in Northern Sudan in small towns on the Nile River for one or two nights. In Wadi Halfa we had to wait for the ferry to cross Lake Nubia (Lake Nassa) to Egypt.


In Abri, a small town on the Nile. There was just one hotel, so no choice. But we had a place in front of our room to sleep under the open sky. A relief from the heat. At daytime the heat is incredible. I have never been in a hot place like this before.

This is my ABC Wednesday. To watch more go to this site from Mrs. Nesbitt.

6 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh my goodness! What hotels! I'm surprised you slept at all. I don't know if I'd be more nervous indoors or outdoors. What an amazing experience for all of you.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Roger Owen Green said...

whatever works to keep cool!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

J.Rylie.C said...

Nice one.

Please come to my Homepage for my H, hope to see you.

Tumblewords: said...

Astounding experience!

Unknown said...

mind-expanding post for H-day. I admire your get-up-and-go approach to life!
No need to give any stars to these hotels!
HelenMac, ABC Wednesday team

Francisca said...

Yeah, I can relate to this, Carola... stinking hot sleepless nights in fleabag hotels, although my experiences were not in any desert.